The morning of Day Six was cold, cold, cold!
Nana, the little boys and I dropped Todd and Papa off to do some kayaking on..... I can't remember the name of the river. I'll update that when Todd gets home.
Don't know if you can tell how cold it is from the color of Cannon's cheeks... but they should at least give you an idea.
Ryder and I had fun exploring the riverside as Nana helped the big boys get the kayaks ready and Cannon destroyed Nana and Papa's CD player. It turns out a handful of coins can jam a car CD player and cause the radio to sporadically turn on and off. Sorry Nana and Papa!
Here's Todd all suited up.
Of course, it's impossible for a boy to play along a riverbank covered in rocks and not throw one in.
asd
Cute almost-four-year-old-Ryder!
Ready to head in.
Mom giving Todd a push in.
After we watched the boys head downstream, we jumped in the car and drove down a ways to catch another glimpse of them - but this time overhead from a bridge.
There they go on a beautiful sunny yet very windy day.
While the boys enjoyed their kayak trip, the rest of us made our way into Cardston to visit the temple grounds. We hoped it wouldn't be quite as windy there. We were silly to hope. It was just as freezing!
And by the way, I haven't done any post processing to these temple pics. The sky was really that rich, deep blue. So pretty!
Of course Cannon had to have a snack... he is all about food every second of every day.
This one is dark and blurry, but I love it. Cute Cannon!
We explored and found sticks (and leaves and bugs and dirt).
And raced a few times along the temple wall.
And when it got too cold, we packed back in the car and made a stop by the local convenient store for some yummy Canadian treats.
As Todd and Dad made their way along the river, they came across some cow bones. Papa very kindly stopped and snagged a large jaw bone (with teeth included). When we picked the boys up, Papa had a fabulous dinosaur discovery story ready for Ryder and he presented Ryder with the "fossil" find.
Thanks a lot, Papa.
Of course we couldn't leave the amazing discovery there.... we took it home and soaked it in bleach and now it resides in my garage.
Lucky me.














1 comment:
Jenny I really do not know how you are doing it but you are making me really homesick! Like tears in eyes, belly ache homesick. I keep having to tell myself "40 below Jessica 40 below Jessica. You live in Hawaii Jessica...". You guys look good in Canada.
Post a Comment