It has come and gone, folks. I know school is old news for many of you. First days have come and gone for most kids around here, too.
But today.... today was Ryder's first.
But today.... today was Ryder's first.
And a what a big day it was!
Ryder's first trip to preschool is now a thing of the past. He made it. He came waltzing out of the schoolhouse like he owned the place. Funny kid. And actually, he left the car this morning without a scream, grunt, or nasty "racing mcqueen eyes" (as he calls them).
Our day started out with a special breakfast. Ryder picked french toast. Yummmm.... my favorite too! And Cannon wasn't complaining either.
A traditional "in front of the house" shot. We've gotta work on the natural smile.... the only way I catch it is to trick him.
My new favorite pic! Cannon was feeling a little left out. He kept stepping in front of the camera saying "cheeeeeeeese!" I felt lucky that he very willingly posed and smiled for me right alongside his brother. What a rarity and a treat for me!
Ryder with his class bag. He was originally a little bummed about not being able to take his own backpack... but thankfully he seems far over that now.
Love this smile!... caught in the car on the way. The anticipation was rising. He's talked for weeks about how excited he is. And then on the way this morning, he said - "Mom, I'm not feeling so excited anymore."
Cannon was again jealous of the attention. He kept yelling at me from his seat - "Take picture of me, mommy! Take picture of my dimetrodon!"
After we dropped Ryder off, my conversation with Cannon went something like this....
Cannon: "What doing, mom?"
Me: "We're going to stop by the bank real quick and then go home."
C: "Where's Ryder?"
M: "He's at school now."
C: "What I do, mom?"
M: "Oh, you're going to come home with mommy. We're going to play and watch Nemo while we cut your hair."
C: "Where's Ryder, mom?"
M: "We just dropped him off at school, bubba. We'll pick him up in just a little while."
C: "What I do, mom?"
He kept asking that last question over and over. As if to say, "What am I supposed to do without my sidekick? How do I exist without him?"
Then a few minutes later.... again....
C: "What I do, mom?"
M: "We're going to go home and cut your hair."
C (somewhat sadly): "Ohhhh.... I watch Nemo all by myself."
It was a tender moment. He realized he was going solo in what has become our customary watch-Nemo-while-getting-hair-cut routine.
Cute boy was missing his brother.
But the time flew by quickly, and once again we were back at the school. This time to pick up the big boy. And here he is = the happy, waltzing boy coming out of the schoolhouse.
This morning he just let the teacher unbuckle his belt, he climbed right out of his seat and out of the car and didn't even look back when I yelled "I love you, Ryder!".... he just headed right in. For those of you familiar with our emotionally charged little boy, that is a miracle in and of itself.
It was a great, happy day!
Let's pray and hope and hope and pray that every forthcoming school day will be just as smooth!









5 comments:
so cute! okya, #1. do they come get him out of your car everyday and walk him in?! man, we might need to change preschools!;) #2. in the picture of the two of them together, cannon looks so much like your hubby (to me):).
can't wait to hear your baby news!!
p.s. my best friend, who lives in issaquah right by you, is due on the 25th of sept. with her first!!
i meant, okay. obviously.:)
i loved this post. such fun pictures and stories and conversations. best wishes with your to-do list. i love to-do lists.
Yeah Ryder!!! I am so super proud of him....just going right in with all confidence! You must have been teary, because I was teary when reading this post! And sweet Cannon....it is crazy to think he has never know life without Ryder always there. The space between my girls never gave us that experience...it was ME asking "what I do?"....go get a pedicure???....OK!! JK. Love you!
Oh....also...I love the new blog look! I thought I was in the wrong place at first! Very cute.....
Post a Comment