Friday, March 04, 2011

a walk between rain drops



Ryder is all registered for preschool (oops)... I meant to type kindergarten!

He's been wanting to ride his scooter to his new school for awhile now... and I've been putting it off, hoping for better weather. Well, better weather isn't coming anytime soon around here, so this week when we had to go by the school anyway, we geared up and headed out.

The skies parted and the sunshine shone down most of our way there... then the drops started to fall just as we arrived. The second we got through the main doors, a torrential downpour began!!!

We visited, played and took care of business at the school, and as if the skies knew we were heading for home, the rain stopped. It was a great afternoon walk!... even if Hudson's nap was short and sweet in the stroller and the older boys climbed in bed for their naps an hour and a half late.


 


We had only one minor casualty...




But don't worry, he bounced back quickly...


 




Fun times!

7 comments:

Owens D.C. said...

Easily some of my favorite pics ever!

Jodee said...

i know you don't want to admit it yet, but he is going to Kindergarten Jenny, not preschool ;)
love you!

Jenny said...

oops... meant kindergarten. ;)

Camille said...

For real Jenny, how do you do it?! I think I need to call you more in life so you can tell me how to be a mom. Your boys always look so cute and never have dirty faces or snot running down their noses, and you have three of them! And how did you manage a walk with three boys?! I'm terrified to leave the house with two. And also, church. How do you get ready for church. Do you get yourself ready first and then your family, or your family and then yourself? I'm convinced that whoever gets ready first will end up looking like they really didn't get ready.

I have so many questions for you - mostly about how to have THREE boys who always have clean faces. I admire your mothering skills! Also, I cannot get enough of Hudson's face. So cute! They all are. Good work!

carly said...

do you live right by zeke's pizza?

Jenny said...

Hey Carly - Yep, we live just down the street from Zeeks. So yummy!

Jenny said...

Camille - you are so darling! I don't know how I do it, honestly. A lot of preparation before any excursion. The key for walks is the double stroller. I had it here but Cannon was being cooperative and wanted to run. But it's nice to have the option to strap him in. :)

Church is a tricky one for me... especially when Todd is working and I need to be there early. Each week is a new battle. On a good weekend, I get their clothes/bags/snacks ready and they take baths the night before. Then once up they eat breakfast, play, and then I get them dressed about 30 minutes before we need to leave and then put on a church movie. Then I have time to get myself dressed, finish up getting ready and gather our things together. And they're usually occupied long enough not to get too torn apart. But that's a good Sunday. It doesn't always go that way.

No snotty noses - well, that's usually the result of carrying wipes EVERYWHERE I go. I always have them. But in the winter months when their noses are nonstop runny, I have photoshoped a picture or two to spare the masses. :)

We're coming to Utah soon for a visit... I would love to see you and meet Bradley!!